php hit counter
Photography By Charise: VIVA LAS VEGAS!!

Friday, March 21, 2008

VIVA LAS VEGAS!!

Whew......I just returned from an amazing week in Vegas for a huge Photography Convention (WPPI) What an amazing week! I have come home mentally refreshed, inspired, full of new information, and well to be honest a bit exhausted. By day I attended different classes and seminars, then hit the venue booth and trade show floors to check out all sorts of great products, then off to a few more classes and/or seminars and completed the evenings with some awesome parties thrown by some awesome vendors and other photographers!

On Tuesday afternoon and again at night myself and my good friend and fellow photographer Emma were able to sneak away to hit the Vegas strip for some shooting...we started out just having some fun shooting the normal stuff on the strip.

You know I love me some sun flare....

This is Emma shooting me while I'm shooting her :)

Then we hit the strip again once the sun went down and classes were over




We decided we were on a mission to find us a bride and groom somewhere on the strip that would let us shoot them so we headed across the street to the Bellagio hoping we would find an unsuspecting couple watching the water show.

And wouldn't you know it....we found ourselves the newly married Christine and Kevin, who agreed to let us photograph them...although I'm not too sure they realized what they were in for :) It started as just myself and Emma, and we were soon joined by Melissa McClure and her fiance and Lauren Wright, and soon a few other photographers that happened to be walking the strip...and I even think we drew the attention of some completely random people with their point and shoot cameras as they were walking by, ohhh, and we cant leave out the wonderful people driving by cheering the bride and groom on....LOL....ahhhh Vegas.






In all seriousness, Christine and Kevin were SUCH troopers, so sweet and honestly I cant thank them enough for taking some time out of their big night to satisfy our photography passion. You guys were AWESOME and I will be emailing you soon to get your address so we can mail you your images...thanks again you two!

I also want to thank my clients and prospective clients for their patience while I was away...my Internet service at the hotel was SO spotty and we were on the go so much that getting emails out was super difficult. I have a few galleries that are just about ready for viewing and will be posting a few more sneak peeks tomorrow!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh those bride and groom shots turned out awesome!! Lovin that last one! Thanks for letting us crash your shooting party!

LiveLoveLaugh Photography said...

I cant believe you posted that photo of me! hahah!
You got some amazing shots and I had a blast!

Anonymous said...

Hola! It was sooo great meeting you in Vegas. Did you have fun while you were there? Next time we should have lunch or dinner or somethin!